Tips for improving posture!
Parents always remind us to sit up straight when we were young, kids get advice on their posture all the time, but now do we still remember to stay upright without parents' reminder? People who slouch throughout the day can be vulnerable to a wide range of health problems, including back pain, neck pain and shoulder pain. Never wait till it's too late. Upright Go is a tiny, yet smart device to remind you to stay upright, it will vibrate once you slouch your body, it's acting like your parents reminding you to sit up straight! But other than Upright Go, what else can we do to improve our posture?
- Keep your body even. When standing still, your weight should be evenly distributed on each foot, keep your chest out, your shoulder blades back and your stomach tuck in. Stand straight. You should be able to draw a straight line from your earlobe to the front of your anklebone, crossing the tip of your shoulder, the middle of your hip and the back of our kneecap along the way.
- Choose your shoes wise. High heels are beautiful but they can also ruin your posture, high heeled shoes can throw off your posture and strain your back. Your shoes should be flat and comfortable.
- Move more. Don't become a statue at your seat, move around as much as possible, walk around your office, just don't let your knees lock.
- Be active. Take a dance or yoga class will be a good idea, because these kind of exercises can encourage good posture. Also, take some time to stretch and breathe deeply for a few seconds throughout the day makes you more aware of the way you're holding yourself.
- Sit straight, keep your upper back straight, your head high and your shoulders relaxed to prevent injury.
- Choose your chair with care. A firm, straight-backed chair can give your back extra support, ideal chair will also have armrests, HÅG SOFI MESH is an option. The HÅG SoFi 7500 is a mesh chair that provides you with the ventilation benefits of a breathable, transparent backrest. HÅG in Balance® technology ensures more subconscious movement. Adjustable seat height and depth, and unique fully functional lumbar support.
- You knees position should be about the same height as your hips, your feet should be flat on the ground. Cushion is useful too, tuck between your lower back and the chair can help keep your spine in line.